2017 Competitive Swim Team Workshops
Waterloo Swimming has five (5) workshops for summer league swimmers as well as year round swimmers wanting 75 minutes of intense work on skills. Taught by Waterloo Coaches who are USA Swimming certified and American Swim Coaches Association swim coaches. These workshops are race changers. You will see the group go through the skills then break off with a coach to fine tune skills needed to improve.
- Sunday, June 11
- BUTTERFLY (10:00a – 11:15a): Skills taught: Hand position at water entrance; Pull and Kick timing; Breathing timing; How to finish.
- BREASTSTROKE (12:00p – 1:15p): Skills taught: How to do a fast/efficient pull out; Proper body position; Timing the Kick and Pull; Setting yourself up for a fast finish.
- Sunday, June 18:
- FREESTYLE (10:00a – 11:15a): Skills taught: Hand Catch and arm position; Pulling and bodying position; Hand recovery and breathing techniques
- BACKSTROKE (12:00p – 1:15p): Skills taught: Hand entry and catch positioning; Pull and finish of the stroke; How Dolphins help you at the beginning of your race; Finishing faster.
- Sunday, July 2
- RACING STARTS AND TURNS (10:00a – 11:15a): Skills taught: Proper body position for dive entry; Proper entry point in the water; How to control water depths after dive entry; Breakout techniques to start your swim race; Two foot Start Dive; Track Start Dive; Backstroke Start.
- Taught by USA Swimming certified Waterloo Coaches and Instructors
- Cost: $20 per workshop ($40 registration fee will be waived for Workshop Only participants)
- Location: New Waterloo Swim Center: 12332 Ranch Road 620 (near Lakeline Mall behind Public Storage)
If you have questions about registration please email email@example.com.