2019 SWIM TEAM WORKSHOPS
Four workshops taught by USA Swimming certified Waterloo coaches & Instructors
Improve racing starts, stroke technique and turns! Shave those precious seconds off of every race!
Waterloo Swim Lessons at Bluebonnet School of Cedar Park
Thank you for choosing Waterloo at Bluebonnet School of Cedar Park. Through our programming, your child will learn not only life-saving skills but also the ability to swim for fitness throughout his/her life. You are truly giving your child a chance to be fit for life.
Bluebonnet School recognized the high quality and professionalism of our lessons and invited us to teach children who are enrolled at its Cedar Park location this summer. Swim lessons at Bluebonnet School will be offered during June and July for Bluebonnet students ONLY. These lessons are scheduled and billed on a weekly basis, Monday through Thursday at $80/week.
If you are looking for swim lessons at different dates or times please visit our main swim lessons page. We also offer swim fitness, private and semi-private lessons as well as adult swim programming.
Our Bluebonnet Swim Lesson Program is Weekly Blitzes
Weekly swim lessons build the foundation for a life-saving & lifelong skill. The more consistently your child swims, the faster and greater the progress. Your swimmer will gain skills and build strength while enjoying their lessons. Skills are learned over time as good habits are created. Waterloo teaches swimmers the correct techniques to prepare them for the next level.
A couple FAQ on our Bluebonnet Weekly Blitzes
- These lessons are for Bluebonnet students ONLY.
- All lesson classes are 30 minutes in length.
- All Blitz sessions are Monday through Thursday. Friday will be used for makeup days due to inclement weather only. There are no carry over classes.
- Questions on which class, program or group – come in for an Evaluation. Evaluations are held at our main Waterloo Swim Center at – 12332 Ranch Road 620 N, behind Bush’s Chicken and Public Storage each Saturday from 12:30p-1:30p. No appointment is necessary.
Why Choose Waterloo Swimming?
- We create a fun yet challenging environment for the swimmers to learn in
- Trained instructors…this is what we do year round
- Each level & lesson has multiple skills being taught…giving the swimmers a chance to progress in other areas besides just one skill
Swimming Programs We Offer at Bluebonnet
- Learn to Swim: Basic water safety and learn to swim unassisted on their front and back. We want the student to be comfortable in the water, have a beginning level of endurance for swimming, understand water safety.
- Purple: For our very beginning swimmers over 2.5 years of age. We focus on teaching safety and developing a comfort with being submerged. These are independent group lessons which do not require any parent participation.
- Blue: For our beginning swimmers who are comfortable with holding their breath and being submerged, but have not yet learned to move through the water.
- Orange: For developing swimmers who can swim a short distance with their face and eyes down in the water and float comfortably on their backs. We continue to focus on confidence and developing lifesaving skills such as elementary backstroke and breathing skills.
- White: For students who can get three breaths in a row, by themselves. We focus on learning the freestyle and backstroke through arm stretching techniques, kicking and body positioning. Alternate kicking techniques such as dolphin and frog kick are introduced.
Waterloo Swimming - Swim Lessons
3420 El Salido Pkwy
Cedar Park, TX 78613
For our very beginning swimmers over 2.5 years of age. We focus on teaching safety and developing a comfort with being submerged. These are independent group lessons which do not require any parent participation. ** No evaluation required for Purple class **
- Safe entry/exit, 3 ft “monkey crawl” & 5-second breath hold
- 5-second assisted front starfish float
- 5-second assisted back starfish float
- 5-second independent glide off the wall to an instructor
Ages 2.5 years and older
Three students max
30 minute class
- 5-second unassisted front submersion and float
- 5 ft unassisted kick to the instructor and recovery
- 10-second unassisted back float and recovery
- Step/wall recovery and comfortable exhale in the water
Ages three years and older
Four students max
30 minute class
For developing swimmers who can swim a short distance with their face and eyes down in the water and float comfortably on their backs. We continue to focus on confidence and developing lifesaving skills such as elementary backstroke and breathing skills.
- 20 second back float with 10 ft straight leg back kick
- 10 ft “Superman” with (3) pop up recovery breaths
- 10 ft 3-arms-and-roll freestyle with (3) rolling breath recoveries
- 10 ft elementary backstroke
Prerequisite: Blue level skills
Four students max
For students who can get three breaths in a row, by themselves. We focus on learning the freestyle and backstroke through arm stretching techniques, kicking and body positioning. Alternate kicking techniques such as dolphin and frog kick are introduced.
- 20 ft side-breathing freestyle
- 20 ft backstroke
- Frog kick & 1 minute back float
- Surface dolphin kick
Prerequisite: Orange level skills
Four students max