Swim Team Policies
Please take the time to review our policies. These must be strictly enforced in order to meet our commitment of providing timely, quality service to all of our customers.
Signing Up for Competitive Groups
- Evaluations: Evaluations are required for placement onto the Waterloo Swim Team Groups. Evaluations are held every Saturday from 12:30pm – 1:30pm. If you enroll your child before the evaluation, you are subject to fees and/or being dropped from the program.
- Wait Lists:
- Many factors determine how we manage our wait list. We have a set number of lanes and hours to balance availability across all skill levels. Sometimes there is room at one level, but a wait list at another. We will not put a swimmer in a level that is not a good fit for them simply because there is availability or the practice time is more convenient. It would not be a good experience and potentially unsafe to have mixed level skills in a single class.
- Based on the length of the wait list and the amount of room available, priority may be given to swimmers of current members.
- Request to change practice time:
- We understand that families are busy and being pulled many directions throughout the year. If you need to change your child’s swim practice time, please complete this online form. We will do our best to accommodate your requests. Changing back to your original time is not always an option.
- Transfers must be completed at least 1 week in advance.
- Once a commitment is made to the Senior Team, dues are payable each month. Personal appointments, vacations and other activities should not interfere with the Senior team practice and meet schedule. Senior team swimmers withdrawing and returning in the same season are responsible for monthly fees missed.
- Attendance is critical at this level of commitment for our sport. 75% attendance is mandatory in this group. This includes any practices you attend with your HS. Attendance will be monitored monthly. If your swimmers falls below the 75% attendance your swimmer will be on probation (assuming theres not a medical or other excused reason). If after the second month of below 75% attendance, your swimmer is subject to moving to the Gold group.
- The Gold group is a prep group for our up and coming Senior swimmers. Workouts are designed to prepare the swimmer for the next level of swimming.
- Gold vs. Senior for HS swimmers. There is nothing wrong with being a HS swimmer in our Gold group. The Gold group swimmers may have similar aspirations as the Senior swimmers. While this group may be swimming similar practice sets as the Senior group, the practice is only 90 minutes in length. This provides relief for swimmers that might need more time in studying / keeping their grades up or are challenged to make the required attendance of the Senior group.
- Late Arrival: If you are late or not ready when the instructor calls for your child, the instructor will only be able to swim the child for the remainder of the allotted practice time. Please try to be on time and have your swimmer use the restroom before practice.
- Student Illness: If your child has a medical reason for not being able to attend for more than one week in a row, please contact us and let us know.
- Coach Requests: We do not guarantee coach requests.
- Coach Absence: There may be occasions when our coaches are absent due to illness, vacation, or time away from work. In this event, another qualified coach will provide your child’s practice.
Swim Meet Policies
- Swim Practice Attendance: Attendance at practice is a critical component of training. Unless approved by your group coach, signing up for a swim meet requires the swimmer to maintain a 75% attendance the prior month. Ex. If your swimmer is signing up for a swim meet in November, that swimmer must have a 75% attendance in October.
- Why 75% attendance? Because we want to see your swimmer have the best opportunity to improve his/her times at the meet. Why would you want to pay swim meet fees to go slow?
- Swim Meets: No swimmer is allowed to attend any meet that is not on the Waterloo swim meet calendar unless first approved by that swimmer’s coach and the head coach.
- Additionally, please see swimmer and parent swim meet code of conduct.
- Payment Policy: Waterloo processes all transactions electronically. We process charges on the first business day of the month. We accept VISA, MasterCard and bank draft.
- Insufficient Funds: There is a $30 fee for each declined transaction. Tuition and fees must be paid before the next practice. If a debit payment is declined twice, payment in full must be made by cashiers check, money order, cash or credit card before the next lesson.
- Withdrawal from Swim Team: Swim Team may conclude any time during the month. We require 30 days notice before withdrawing from programming so that we have time to settle your account. Ex. If you provide Waterloo notice on April 15th that you will be leaving, Waterloo will only bill 15 days of the month of May. In other words, your final bill will be prorated for Mays invoice. Please notify Waterloo via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Re-Enrollment: If you drop or withdraw from a class due to medical or personal reasons and re-enroll after 90 days of being out of Waterloo programming, your swimmer will need to be evaluated prior to re-enrolling into the class. This is to confirm the swimmers current level of abilities for the given class.
- Swim Team Time Off: Waterloo swim team (Bronze 1, Bronze 2, Silver 1, Silver 2, Gold, Senior) take the first week of RRISD schedule class start off as well as the scheduled Spring Break. We also take off major holidays, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, etc. Waterloo does not take an extended break over the winter holidays. There is no pro-rating swim team group tuition for time off.
- Annual Family Registration Fee: $40 paid on the anniversary of initial registration. This fee is not prorated.
- Annual Competitive Swimmer Registration Fee: $90 paid at registration and renewed annually every September 1 or when you join the swim team thereafter. This fee is not prorated.
- Annual USA Swimming Registration: USA Swimming has a membership registration and it is required for all competitive swimmers, regardless of participation in swim meets. Waterloo follows USA Swimmings fee policies and timelines. Fees for swimmers joining WLOO in the last quarter of any calendar year will apply to the subsequent year. There are no USA Swimming fees for swimmers transferring from another team within South Texas LSC, providing their registration is current. Waterloo will process registration and charge through your account every September.
- Registration Fee Renewals: All annual registration fees will be assessed as scheduled above, unless a withdrawal form is received 30 days prior.
- Group Pricing:
- Bronze 1: $140/month
- Bronze 2: $140/month
- Silver 1: $150/month
- Silver 2: $160/month
- Gold: $160/month
- Senior: $190/month
- Waterloo will prorate by the week when joining or withdrawing from the team.
- Semi-Private Lessons with at USA Swimming certified coach: $50 for 30 minutes.
- Private Lessons with at USA Swimming certified coach: $75 for 30 minutes or six lessons for $375.
- Private Lessons with Coach Mike: $125 for 30 minutes.
- Competition Expenses
- Meet Entry Fees: Upon your declaration to swim, WLOO coaching staff will enter your swimmer(s) in all swim meets on your behalf. If you declare a given meet, you will be responsible for all meet entry fees, regardless of whether your swimmer swims or not. If you enter the meet and are entered into relays you must notify the WLOO coaches if you cannot attend. You may be responsible for the entire relay fee if WLOO coaches cannot find a suitable replacement.
- Meet Fees: Upon declaration of an event, you will be responsible for all possible meet fees including not scratching, no show, deck entries, etc. Please ensure you read the Meet Info for every meet to understand your obligations.
- Athlete Travel Expenses: If Waterloo pays travel, meet, etc fees on behalf of the swimmer, Waterloo will invoice the family and these fees are due upon receipt. We try to provide travel expenses prior to traveling, but it is difficult to determine exact costs prior to departure. The final amount due will be invoiced after travel is complete.
- Coach Travel Fee: For swim meets in town there is an additional $10 per swimmer fee ($20 for out of town) to help cover coaches expenses (travel, lodging, meals, etc).
- Event fee: There is an additional $2 per entered event WLOO fee to assist covering administrative costs with the swim meet.
Photographs and Videos
Waterloo may take photos recordings and videos. We may use those images for advertising, social media, promotional activities and/or educational use.
Security and Personal Property
Waterloo Swimming trusts that their customers would never take things that dont belong to them. That being said, sometimes items get misplaced, and yes, sometimes taken. Waterloo Swimming is not responsible for lost or stolen items.