Waterloo Swimming School Procedures
If you have any questions on which class to enroll your child, we are happy to evaluate your their skills to identify the best level class. Open evaluations are Saturdays at 12:30pm. If that does not work for your schedule, please call us and we can set up an appointment.
What to Bring to Lessons
- Hair/Swim Cap: If your child has long hair or bangs, please have it pulled back with a barrette, rubber band, or swim cap so that it does not get in their face during the lesson. This can be very disruptive to the student. We sell swim caps at the front desk.
- Goggles: In the beginning of lessons, we are trying to teach the student what to do in all types of water situations which includes falling in. When kids fall into pools or bodies of water, they usually do not have their goggles on. We recommend that goggles not be worn while we are beginning to build their confidence and skills. However, if it becomes a big issue for your child, they are welcome to wear goggles.
- A positive attitude!
- Come into the lobby
- Encourage your child to use the toilet before lessons. Please keep the family bathrooms available for those who need a bit more room or privacy.
- Get your child changed into a swim suit and/or swim diaper.
- Students remain in the lobby with their parent/guardian until their group is called out by an instructor or Deck Manager, about 5 minutes before class is set to start.
- Students will line up by the designated cones before their class. Please have them holding their towel and if necessary, goggles.
- During the child’s lesson, parents, family members and care givers are to stay in the lobby for the duration of the swim lesson.
- Running is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- When lessons are concluded, our Deck Manager will help the students wrap up in a towel, and escort them back to the lobby.
- Ask your child about the one thing they remember from their lesson.
If your child is not well, please let us know and stay at home to get better.
If you are going to be absent, please let us know before the missed class by calling us or completing this form:
Request to Change Lesson Day or Time
Changes to the swim schedule are allowed, but must be made at least 1 week in advance. Please review all of our available swim classes and times before completing the following form to request a lesson day/time change:
Please note that we will provide up to four lesson transfers per calendar year. Additional requests may result in a charge.
Registering for Family Fun Swim Night
Information Coming Soon!