Wherever!You Teach! Your Place! Your Pace!
- Waterloo Wherever is a collection of FREE instructional videos and lesson plans.
- These videos and the curriculum are the same that our instructors teach at our swim center.
- Parents use the videos to teach their child our swim lesson program.
- Master Swim Instructors are available virtually to help parents to teach the skills and provide direction to master the skills (fees below).
- By following Waterloo Wherever instructional videos at your own pool, we believe we can help children grow safer and more confident in the water.
- Lesson equipment is available in our store for purchase.
Still have questions, check out our FAQ.
- Watch the Waterloo Wherever Orientation Video below.
- Evaluate your child’s’ current swimming skills and compare it with the Waterloo Wherever curriculum to determine a starting point.
- Get your teaching equipment ready!
- View the skill videos of your child’s level.
- GET STARTED!
- Contact us to schedule a live virtual consultation for additional guidance.
Beyond video demonstrations, our team of Master Swim Instructors are available to meet with you via virtual meeting to discuss progress, troubleshoot difficult skills, and share in celebrating progress and gaining skills in the water.
The virtual program utilizes some specific equipment that can be purchased here and delivered to your home or prepared for a curbside pick-up if you are in the local Austin area. We also provide a general list of items needed it if you prefer to gather your own equipment.
You can schedule a one-on-one or group class video conference through this page at a time that works well for you and your swimmer. Live chats with Master Swim Instructors are $15 per 20-minute session. Families who are not currently registered with Waterloo Swimming will need to create an account and the $40 Annual Registration Fee will apply and be valid for one year from the time of registration.
- Blowing bubbles on the surface
- 5 second breath hold
- 5 second assisted front float
- 5 second assisted back float
- Unassisted Monkey crawl & Safe Entries and Exits
- Unassisted 5 second glide
- 5ft unassisted kick out to the parent
- 10 second unassisted back float with roll recovery
- Around the Tree & Bubbles out nose while submerged
- 5 second unassisted submersion & 5 second unassisted front Float
- Retrieve toys from the bottom of the pool
- 20 second back float & 10ft back kick
- 5 bobs working on exhale & 10ft “(3) pop up recovery breaths
- 10ft 3- freestyle arms-with (3) rolling breath recoveries
- 10ft Elementary Backstroke
- Assisted jump off the wall with a rolling recovery
- 20ft Freestyle with side breathing (Breath every 3 strokes)
- 20ft Backstroke
- Streamline on stomach & Streamline on back
- Breaststroke kick & 1 minute back float
- Butterfly kick (with arms by side)
Stuck? Need Help? Schedule Your Live Virtual Consultation
Our Master Swim Instructors have THOUSANDS of hour teaching swimming. They’ve worked with every learning style and can offer great insight and feedback to you as you work with your child at home. Make a virtual consultation appointment with a Master Swim Instructor to:
– explore our bank of creative approaches to skill mastery
– get support in overcoming challenges
– share in celebrating achievements and results
Frequently Asked Questions
How is Waterloo Wherever different from your program at your location?
How is Waterloo Wherever the same as your program at your location?
Why do I need a Virtual Master Instructor?
I already take swim lessons at Waterloo...do I stop?
Why did you create Waterloo Wherever?
Subscribe to our Channel
All of our videos can be watched on YouTube whenever and wherever you are!
Waterloo Swimming - North
12332 Ranch Rd 620 N BLDG C
Austin, TX 78750
Waterloo Swimming - Central
3200 W Anderson Ln
Austin, TX 78757